Friday, February 27, 2009

Winter Dreary

The weather was so gorgeous the other day my little guy and I played outside for more than two hours! (And if you don't think that's a long time to do one thing, you haven't met my toddler.) Anyway, I grabbed some great shots, even with the dreary winter background. Thought I'd share some ideas with you.

For several shots I used an old shed on our property as background. It's prettier than dead trees, that's for sure. For other shots I put the camera almost on the ground (he's short...) and took the shots at an upward angle. Although people often look more flattering from an above angle, the outside light gives him great color, and hey, what can I say, he's just a good-looking kid, no matter which way I look at him : ). This angle gives me sky as background, which again, in nicer than the grass in this season!

In this shot I kept the shed as the background, but changed the camera's angle so you just don't notice all the leaves and such. Sure, they are there, but the focus in on my subject-- where it should be.

Well, there you have it. My two cents on taking pictures in February! I'll wish you great success with yours, but hurry. They are calling for snow.

No comments: