Friday, February 20, 2009

Preserving Everything

I'm actually doing it. A project I've meant to start for over two years now. I'm scrapbooking my childhood.

Obviously this is a BIG project. My basement stairs are covered in photo albums, sorority composites, grade cards, and hand-written stories from 5th grade. I keep finding more things in the depths of the space that is "under the stairs" and piling them up in overflowing mounds, just asking to be tripped over. I purchased the largest D-ring binder (think 3-ring) available, but I'm just not sure it's going to do the job.

I ran out of adhesive Wednesday, so I'm going to Hobby Lobby today to get more. At the rate I'm going I'll have over $50 worth of adhesive invested in this album. And so far I'm up to second grade...

But it will be worth it. The grand picture I have in my head is of something less "artistic" and more about preserving, well, everything. I'm using mostly 12x12 pages, with 8 1/2 x 11 page protectors for things like awards and drawings of people with no bodies. Scattered here and there are a few 8x8s and 6x6s tossed in to hold stuff like birthday cards and second grade journals.

I can't wait to show it to you!

No comments: