Saturday, February 7, 2009

Crunch Time

If it hasn't already occurred to you that the most romantic day of the year is only a week away, it will soon. The grocery store I frequent even has a countdown on a chalkboard right as you walk in. So it is officially "crunch time." And while cards and pictures are taken care of, there is still... THE GIFT. And ladies, what do you get a guy?

The radio has been full of commericals for things I'd love-- tulips or roses, earrings, even silky pj's that come in a hat box. One channel keeps giving away $150 good towards a maid service.

But there has not been one advertisement I am aware of with a good idea for what to get your guy.

So, here, complied from various websites, are my favorite ideas. And please-- tell me yours! It's so crunch time!

  • Electronic accessories, i tunes gift certificate, or car charger
  • Fav guy movies through the ages-- the Godfather, James Bond, ya know
  • Upgrade his cable package with a sports network
  • Personalized M&Ms
  • Thoughtful notes tucked into his briefcase, coat pocket, desk drawer, driver's seat etc.
  • Gift certificate for an experience he's always wanted like driving a NASCAR, ride in a rodeo, or attend master BBQ school
  • Hide chocolate in small packages all over the house
  • Create a music video with pictures of you together
  • Cookie Bouquet

What are you doing?

1 comment:

Janna Leadbetter said...

Oh this is so hard for me. My hubby is a practical dude: What he doesn't need, he doesn't want; what he needs or wants, he buys himself. Where does that leave me?