Monday, September 15, 2008

Finally!

It's been raining a lot here. Gustave, Ike, everyone parties at my house. And rain is good for many things. Drinking hot chocolate and reading a Jane Austen novel. Experimenting with the macro setting on my new camera to take cool pictures of rain drops. Scrapbooking while listening to the sound of rain on the rooftop. Reading books by the hour to a cranky, fussy, toddler who wants more than anything to go outside...

Okay, so not that last one.

But today we have been rain-free for almost 36 hours. Which means OUTSIDE!

I did minimal housework.

I missed every phone call (sorry Rachael).

We ate leftovers for lunch.

And I did not scrapbook one single page.

Instead, we played outside! It was a perfect fall day! The ground was mostly dry with just enough mud to really interest my son and the sandbox had the perfect consistency for really making things (messy). It was great.

So tomorrow I'll be doing double duty to get all my scrapbook cards and samples ready for the Maysville Fall Harvest Festival. But it was worth it.

No comments: