Monday, December 15, 2008

You Must Watch

If you've never watched this movie-- well, I guess... um... you must not be American. Or alive. Or something. You must watch this movie. The proper way to watch it is with your whole family while drinking egg nog. However, if you've never seen it I recommend simply doing so as quickly as possible, regardless of the circumstances. You must watch this movie.
Another great Christmas special I recommend is The Nativity Story. It came out in 2006, so its not the time honored tradition of the previous recommendation, but its still good. Really good in my opinion because it shows you the story in a way I'd never considered before. The Bible gives you a sentence-- that Joseph was going to put her away privily because he was a just man-- but can you imagine the story behind that sentence? A baby out of wedlock. It would have been such a big deal. We think of them as being a happy couple. But they may not have even known each other. Mary was probably 14, maybe 16. I love this movie, not because it is 100% accurate according to the Scriptures, but because it makes you feel. Amazed.
(Click the picture to watch the clip on IMBd.)

No comments: