Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas

It has been a few days and I apologize.

But before I completely stop for Christmas I wanted to post a few good Christmas reminders and tips!

First-- charge your batteries (or replace them) in the camera and camcorder. Nothing worse than a great event and a dead battery. (And yes, I know this from experience!)

Second-- take posed pictures in those cute Christmas outfits early! It is easy to forget or plan to take them at the end of a get-together, but if you've got kids then I don't need to tell you-- the clothes will not look them same in an hour.

Also-- grab some shots of something a little different this year. I've been posting my holiday traditions, hoping to stir you to ideas of photos to take for yourself! So don't forget to snap a shot of your favorite ornament, the grand Christmas feast you created, or the reindeer slippers your toddler won't wear.

And don't forget-- organize your photos as quickly as possible after the holiday season, especially if you have a digital camera and hundreds of photos. I like to organize by events, so I'll create a different folder for each of the family Christmases. You could organize by people featured in the photo or make files for each day or week.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

You're so creative and thoughtful!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

funny - I was just reading a reminder to check the batteries at another website. it's funny, because, well, my batteries are dead and I forgot to buy new ones at the store today.

Are y'all teasing me??? :P

Merry Christmas!