Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Just Imagine

I hope you all had a great Christmas! Ours was wonderful! All four of them; ). We had family time, good food, some exciting news of a new little one arriving in July, and... a CRICUT!

What is a cricut you ask? And why would you want one? My dad told me he usually steps on crickets. But this... well, this you would not step on. (Or at least, you'd better not!)

THIS is the most fabulous Christmas present available to mankind (well, really womankind would be more appropriate) as it is the coolest scrapbooking tool! The cricut works like a printer, expect instead of printing the words it cuts them out. Which is amazing!

Yesterday was the first change I really got to use my new baby, I mean tool. I have now cut so many things I think I'll need a new cutting mat in another day or two. I have two cartridges which allow me to cut in a basic font similar to Times New Roman and create "home design" type shapes such as swirls and stars and such. I made a certificate like mat for my sister's college graduation photo, cut titles for at least 5 pages, created a gear embellishment for one of my toddler's pages, added journaling blocks to write down all that important stuff that happened at Christmas, and then played and cut random shapes of anything I hadn't gotten to use yet. This thing is so COOL!

And if I can do all this cool stuff on my own scrapbook pages, just imagine what I'll be able to do for you!

4 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

A little one?! Oh my goodness, does that mean what I think it does? Oh my goodness!

Yay for the cricut! And I'm so glad you've made it back to Bloggerland.

And... Happy Day to Brian!

Ruth said...

Who's little one????!!!!

Kelly said...

Ah, yes, clarification! The little one belongs to Aaron and Hillary. We are so excited for them because they have been wanting a baby and its been a long time in coming!

Ruth said...

Oh, Yay! They must be so happy!