Friday, October 3, 2008

Its Not as Hard as You Think

Photos are so fun! But cameras can be so... intimidating! Most of us just turn the button to "auto" and hope for good results. Recently I've been on a mission to figure mine out, and here's what I've learned so far.

For these I used the "child" setting on my camera. Its designated by a little boy with a cap and most cameras have a similar setting. (You can get similar results with the sports setting as well.) Just turn the knob at the top-- I promise it won't bite!

I got the background to blur by standing a bit further back and then zooming in. Its harder to do with a point and shoot camera, but you can get some good results. And take a LOT of shots. With digi cameras you can do this, no sweat. Then delete all the... rough ones and just share your best!

So get to shooting (and don't forget to send me the pictures!)

No comments: