Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Little Reminder

I posted this at Christmas, but as Easter is right around the corner, it bears repeating!

I wanted to post a few good reminders and tips!

First-- charge your batteries (or replace them) in the camera and camcorder. Nothing worse than a great event and a dead battery. (And yes, I know this from experience!)

Second-- take posed pictures in those cute Christmas -er, Easter--outfits early! It is easy to forget or plan to take them at the end of a get-together, but if you've got kids then I don't need to tell you-- the clothes will not look them same in an hour.

Also-- grab some shots of something a little different this year. I've been posting my holiday traditions, hoping to stir you to ideas of photos to take for yourself! So don't forget to snap a shot of your favorite ornament, the grand Christmas feast you created, or the reindeer slippers your toddler won't wear. (Make that Easter basket or darling gloves for a five year old)

And don't forget-- organize your photos as quickly as possible after the holiday season, especially if you have a digital camera and hundreds of photos. I like to organize by events, so I'll create a different folder for each of the family Christmases. You could organize by people featured in the photo or make files for each day or week.

New for this post I'll also add, take some with you in them! Figure out how to use your camera's timer or just had it to someone else for a while. Happy Easter!

No comments: