Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Luck of the Irish

We all have our quirks. Our idiosyncrasies. Our oddities. And St.Patrick's Day is one of mine. I know it's not Easter or New Year's; no one gives you any presents or sends cards. But I love it.

My name, of course, is Irish. Actually it's a kind of green even. And my birthday is the 19th, which makes it all fun. Spring begins to sneak up on you, somewhere around in here; you can plant potatoes and stuff now. I enjoyed teaching my kindergartners about leprechauns and spending a day out of the ordinary as we built "traps" to catch them in. I'm even looking forward to attempting to cook corned beef and cabbage this year.

And the point of me telling you all this is that these quirks, these idiosyncrasies, these oddities make us the people we are. So I'll snap a few pictures of my corned beef, but most important I plan to journal on my scrapbook page. I'll leave a story and tell something about me. Someday my kids will read it and learn about mom as a person instead of mom as a maid.

After all, stories are the reason I scrap. What's yours?

1 comment:

Janna Leadbetter said...

I don't scrap, but stories are the reason I write. ;)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!